Citroen DS3 Review 0
The Citroen DS3 is a wonderful vehicle which can be catered to every owner’s personal taste. As the Peugeot Citroen partnership has joined forces with Vauxhall’s owners General Motors, we review the DS3 for today’s article.
The Citroen DS3 is one of the safest cars on the road. The fact that it managed to secure the maximum 5 stars at the Euro NCAP ratings demonstrates that. As standard every owner gets traction control, six airbags and full electronic stability control. The Citroen DS3 contains a high level of security features too.
Entry level cars have a surprising amount equipment including the likes of cruise control. DSign vehicles also contain central locking and electric front windows are also included which was probably expected by many.
Upgrading to the DStyle trim provides owners with air conditioning, tinted back windows and LED daytime running lights.
The DSport contains stylish 17 inch alloy wheels, climate control, Bluetooth connectivity ability, aluminium pedals and chrome side strips.
At the highest end the racing models are adapted to provide a more thrilling drive. The car’s suspension is lowered and the brakes are modified in order to handle the extra amount of power. Rear parking sensors are also included.
The Citroen DS3 has a great performance. The petrol variants want the revs with the owner receiving a very entertaining drive. The options include a 1.4 litre engine producing a maximum of 94 BHP, a 1.6 litre engine producing a total of 118 BHP and the other version of the 1.6 litre which gives out 154 BHP.
The economical turbodiesel’s do not disappoint either with a 1.6 turbodiesel producing 91 or 110 BHP.
All Citroen DS3 variants
- Hatchback 1.4 VTi 95 DSign 3dr – £12,600
- Hatchback 1.6 HDi 90 DStyle 3dr – £14,400
- Hatchback 1.6 VTi 120 DStyle 3dr – £14,600
- Hatchback 1.6 e-HDi 90 Airdream DStyle 3dr – £14,800
- Hatchback 1.6e-HDi 90 A’dream DStyle 95g 3dr – £14,800
- Hatchback 1.6 VTi 120 DStyle Plus 3dr – £15,320
- Hatchback 1.6e-HDi 90 A’dream DStylePlus 3dr – £15,520
- Hatchback 1.6 HDi 110 DSport 3dr – £16,800
- Hatchback 1.6 THP 155 DSport 3dr – £16,800
- Hatchback 1.6 HDi 110 DSport Plus 3dr – £17,895
- Hatchback 1.6 THP 155 DSport Plus 3dr – £17,895
- Hatchback 1.6 THP 155 Ultra Prestige 3dr – £20,700
- Hatchback 1.6 HDi 110 Ultra Prestige 3dr – £20,900