5 reasons to buy a Vauxhall Viva 0
The Vauxhall Viva is the smallest car offered in the UK by the car maker, beneath the Corsa and Astra hatchback, and with an entry level price of just £8,745, the dent in your wallet is on the modest size too. As many people will tell you however, just because it’s smaller, doesn’t mean you’re compromising in other areas.
The city car segment is a congested market, with the Hyundai i10 leading the rest in the Viva’s price bracket, and the Skoda Citago and Seat Mii also performing well. A more expensive option is the VW Up, but there are many reasons why the Viva also deserves consideration. Here are five of them:
- Comfort. On almost any city road surface, the Viva rides ably and comfortably. Out of town, on the faster road surfaces there’s a good amount of grip and a respectable level of body lean.
- Buying and Owning. Any car with good fuel economy will perform well in the city car bracket. The Viva certainly doesn’t underperform in this area, attaining a True MPG figure of 48.9mpg in non-Ecoflex guise. Buying prices are cheap for the entry-level car, but this doesn’t come with air-con – that’s the next trim up.
- Refinement. It’s a quiet car. Combined, the engines, wind and road sounds make very little noise. There’s also hardly any vibration through the steering wheel. The Viva is one of the quietest cars within its class.
- It’s a comfortable drive. The pedals are nicely placed, and with good seat adjustment it’s easy to achieve a comfortable driving position. The lack of a steering wheel reach adjustment leaves a little to be desired. Dashboard is well planned, but using the Intellilink touch-screen whilst in transit is not the easiest.
- Safety. When you’re driving a small car, you want to feel secure and safe. The Viva comes packed with features designed to ensure that. Lane Keeping assist – rare on a small car – six airbags, stability control and tyre pressure monitoring are all included.
For affordable, convenient and top quality car servicing from industry professionals choose Servicing Stop – All offers include FREE car collection and delivery plus a 12-month parts and labour guarantee!